I built a new steel gate for the cabin road and also a steel truss to span across the tops of the posts that the gate will go on. The chickenbuck sign will hang from that truss.

Nathan and I drove out to the cabin gate spot last night to dump those items off where they will be installed. The "road" is horrible. Thank goodness we all have 4 wheel drive. No let up in sight, its raining again this morning.

One of the reasons Nate and I made the trip last night was to do a very quick scout on a couple of buck hot spots. These are natural areas in the forest that happen to be a stage of sorts for all of the rutty buck activity. I believe other hunters will agree that you can find areas in the woods that are repeat signpost hot spots that span generations of bucks.

Well, one of the hot spots was obviously active with fresh scrapes. We set a camera up on that scrape and backed out.

The other hot spot we were going to put a camera on.... Inconclusive. We haven't given up on it but we ran out of daylight.

It was exciting to see a brand new scrape though. Does don't make scrapes

Something clever here.