Well my best hunting partner finally got a buck. He’s put his time in there is no doubt about that. Opening morning in WI I heard a shot from his direction at about 7:10, only about 1/2 hr after shooting light.

I quickly got a text that said “I just dropped a buck.” He called me a few minutes later and said it went right down. I told him to watch it for 1/2 hr because they do weird things. Well it did weird things...it tried to get back up after 20 minutes. But, fell back down before he could get a shot. It was dead when I go to it.

We got it cleaned up and drug to his stand to finish the morning hunt.

This is what I walked up on.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Pulling out of the tangle.

Happy camper

Gun pic. Shot with his grandpa’s Remington 7600, 30-06 pump. 150gr bullets.

He shot it really really high, through the spine. He said he was aiming for the heart. We thought that was a bit odd. But then I got to thinking, he missed a bucks at 60 yards in MN second weekend. He’s a great shot and that’s not normal for him. Then we were talking and I asked if he remembered when he rested his gun on the wall at the cabin. It slid down the wall and smacked the concrete floor. That can’t be good for the scope...it wasn’t. We checked the rifle and it’s 9” off, high, at 30’ish yards. That would explain the miss and high shot on the buck.

Camp is where you make it.