Dave,

The taxidermist 'eh? Good for him. I have not yet got a mounter northern. What did that ol girl weigh by the time you got it to the taxidermist? It looks like she has a pretty big belly. I got a 40"er when I was 17, but it weighed like 11 pounds or somthing. It had a HUGE head and a skinny body, kind of a weird looking dude if you ask me. I want a 20 pounder for the wall. Kind of lofty for a northern, but if I'm going to put it on the wall it's going to be big.

I caught a 30" and a 32" walleye 10 minutes apart last July, but it was durring a tournament so I had to release them at the end of the day. Otherwise the 32" would be on my wall "smilin' like heck" at me every morning when I got up.

It sounds like "the boy" is becoming quite an outdoorsman, and it looks like he has a pretty good teacher too.

Is it too early to get excited about deer season? For some reason I've been fired up for the last week or so for gun season. I got the barrel sawed off on my .358, and bought some shells and now I'm getting antsy. Earlier than normal but I like it. The count is on...123 day unless I miss one or two.

grunt grunt, rattle rattle.

Camp is where you make it.