Awesome story Stan, great to hear you have been exercising outdoors & steadily improving. By fall you'll be in better shape than most of us here!!

I can only imagine how proud you will be to carry that rifle in the woods this fall.

It's been storming here this morning & there is more on the way. We've put off another camping trip that was to take place today & tomorrow with some of my uncles & cousins. Too bad because I really wanted to see those guys, they are my original deer hunting group & many of them & have not seen in well over a year.

If the weather breaks up tomorrow or even looks somewhat promising I'd like to go out to deer camp & get a few things done. Over the winter months while out at the camp, last fall actually during black powder deer season we were visited at camp by friends of another camp that I have frequented over the years on occasion. Great guy, comes up from the twin cities with a friend or 2 & several kids to his hunting camp. Well, he spots our hand pumper well sitting on the counter top at the cabin & we start talking about shallow wells & stuff, it turns out he's got a bunch of pipe & a sandpoint we can have. It's sitting over at his camp. So I'm thinking of giving him a call & seeing if it's ok to stop by his camp to grab that stuff.

Oh there is plenty to do out at camp, sand point well, exterior trim on the shack, I have a screen door I should put on, We have to build the sauna and the rest of the cabin addition if that's what we have decided on, then we have to tie the 2 roofs together which will mean some metal cutting & creating a valley where the roof lines meet. Should put on some soffit & fascia to keep the birds from nesting in the attic. I have a bunch of large boulders to move about a half a mile... grin Trails to cut, stands to build, firewood.... I have to get that LP fridge out there, holy cow I've got a lot of work to do!!!

Then there is all this stuff to do inside the cabin, I have to seal up the floor with something (still bare plywood), I have to check the floor for level now that the cabin has had time to settle it's footings, jack & shim where needed....

Lots of work to do.

Dave

Something clever here.