Well, I got no explaination for ya.

Unless maybe ma is using catnip dryer sheets on my clothes or something? I have no idea. Never seen a mountain lion before in my life, almost got ran over by one in CO while on foot during elk hunt this year.

we were talking about bobcat just recently, I enjoyed the company of my dad & my uncle at deer camp, both guys in there 60's. We talked about how rare it was to see a cat even from the car or truck (bobcat). Talked about the fact that none of us (including the 2 avid outdoorsman in there 60's) had ever seen a bobcat while walking in the woods or even while sitting in an elevated stand for hours on end watching for deer.

My late cousin was the only one we could think of that had seen and shot one while out on foot in the woods, he did that about ... maybe 5 years ago? Well this year I did too.

Luck being accidentally in the right place at the right time with all things accidentally perfect such as wind & maybe some prey that has the animal out of focus... It's got to be a whole bunch of that sort of thing that you can group into the luck catagory.

Or it's the catnip dryer sheets, one of the 2.

rifle, lever action. 9422M winchester.

no sights, not even irons, I shoot instinctive.

Ok, I made that part up, 3-9X 40mm burris FFII.

grin

Something clever here.