Yesterday was the type of day where I just like being out in the woods. About 3� of fresh weightless snow on the ground and more falling as you walked. Nothing shows you what�s been going on in the past 10-15 minutes like fresh snow that�s still falling. Well, that doesn�t do you a heap of good other than to show you that there are deer around & they are moving during the day. But, if you can�t be everywhere at once then chances are you are going to miss them. That was the case for me all weekend. They were where I was not.

That�s ok though, it is looking like there are more deer packing into our area, probably moving out of the open farm country to winter in the forest. They are grouping up, for the most part it looks like groups of 4 or better traveling together. It was just a bunch of track soup for me all weekend but I had a good time anyways.

Friday night the Granery shack boys stopped in on us as me & my oldest boy were just getting the chickenbuck shack warmed up. We had a couple of lanterns lit & the shove was huffing away. Within an hour after they showed up it got pretty comfortable, we had a heck of a good time. I cooked up some burgers & threw some other munchies out on the table, the beer was going down pretty good when the captain morgan came out grin

Oh we were just having a goofy stupid good old deer camp time when we see headlights coming in. More company we thought, good deal, the more the merrier!

Well it�s pam & she brought out a friend that stopped up by the house to say hello to me but I was gone hunt�n. I haven�t seen this guy for better than 5 years!!

What a surprise! So they joined in the festivities & I suppose we shut r down around 2:30 in the morning grin

I did make out to a stand Sat morning, wrong stand as it turned out. Some of the north stands had fresh tracks right under them, but I was in one of the south stands frown

Oh well.

Last week of black powder, I�m thinking about taking Friday off.

Oh yeah, and yes Craig, it was damn cold!! I had minus 18 when I went to my stand at 6:45AM yesterday.

yikes!!

Something clever here.