Yes,the 45/70 would definitely do the job.I have some .44 magnum rat shot which would work.Problem is I live in the city amidst a bunch of animal lovers.City ordinance does not allow shooting firearms in the city limits.Everything has to be very clandestine.Squirrels are kinda cute in a way but they are pests in the city.
Dave,I'll bet that beer is ALMOST as good as Yuengling beer.The bike is sure a looker.
I have never had to be burdened with a daughter texting or phoning while driving since mine are over 40 now and cell phones weren't around when they were teens.Weezy certainly needs to remember that care is needed when driving.Remind her that she means as much to us here as she does to you and Pam.My grand daughter here in town just turned 16 and she has her learner's permit.
I remember when my daughter,Rose,was taking driver's ed in high school(1979).I had a brand new Mazda pick up.They were learning on automatic transmissions and I decided she needed to learn to drive straight shift.I took her one Sunday to a large industrial park where there was no traffic on Sunday and put her behind the wheel to learn to operate a straight shift vehicle.I thought the clutch was going to get torn out till she learned to operate it.
Today I work at the gun shop where I am a part timer.Tomorrow if it doesn't rain is my normal Wednesday shooting range day.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.