Today, I went to the camp on the iron range. I'll be there on opening weekend. I didn't see a lot of deer sign there. Could be because the land owners son is baiting bear about 300 yds from my best spot. The stand here was in OK shape, and only needed a few braces replaced. I have several ground blinds built in the area too, but they're easy.

It is also probably the last year I'll be going to this camp to hunt. For several reasons, most I won't get into on here, but one being...Land owners kids are now getting into hunting and are using the property. I say kids but the youngest one is 41. They were never really hunters, but I guess last year started, shot a few bucks, and are now going full tilt on the place, with bear, bow and I guess gun hunting.

I'm kinda bummed about that, This will be my 22nd year hunting there. It's changed from a small hobby farm to a totally grown woods, surronded by under harvested state land.

On the other hand, it will open more oportunities for me. I don't really have any picutres of "The Range Camp", other than kill shots, so this year I'm making a pledge to take a bunch. It's really a neat place.

Camp is where you make it.