Well today marks 19 yrs marriage for Pam and I.

Thanks god she�s a slow learner on the relationship stuff!

Here�s to hoping that by the time she figures out I�m not the right guy she just won�t care anymore. grin

(joking)

Happy anniversary Pam, Love you.

I had a failed attempt at hauling firewood last night, RWS and I took the old plow truck out to the cabin, or as close to it as we could get anyways. I tried to plow my way in and it became obvious that I didn�t have enough fuel or time for the task.

We tried a few straight on runs (plow blade straight) and my pivot cylinders went floppy on me, damn it! Low on fluid.

And I didn�t have any fluid along so I just knew that with a mile of trail to plow it wasn�t going to go well. We punched a rough hole through the snow up to the first mud run hole, widened it the best we could and got out of there.

On the way out I popped the T-case from 4high to 2WD and left the hubs locked in spinning the axles. I usually unlock the hubs but we were in a hurry to get to the nearest country store to get some fuel before they closed. The store usually closes at 8PM.

Well we got there at 7:20 and they were closed. We limped it to the next town on fumes, gas station also closed�.

All the while I thought I was hearing a bit of additional or unusual clatter from the right front side of the truck as we drove.

We made it part ways between the last town and home, ran out of gas. I used the last bit of fuel to back the truck onto a side road so we could wait out of traffic for Pam to come and save us with a full fuel can we had at home. As we backed up� what a racket from the front right wheel, snapping and banging, really heavy iron thunking noises.

I figured right away we must have busted the universal joint in that closed knuckle on that old dana 44 axle. Of course it went home just fine with the hubs unlocked but there�s a broken mess of some kind in that axle end�. mad

Stupid truck, I wonder if warranty will cover it?

Should be able to get way more than 40 yrs of hard use out of a rig like that before stuff starts breaking.

Project firewood was a complete failure.

Something clever here.