No burden Craig. I love sharing & learning from others that contribute to this thread, i just worry that it's run it's course. I worry about it more the longer it gets.

Thanks for the kind & encouraging words.

You too Loon leader, I just don't want this thing to outlive it's welcome.

It's getting that time of year where the focus will drift back into the topic of deer camps & deer hunting.

Nearly a year has passed & the achievements our camp has made in the way of establishing founding members & staking claim to our true belonging to our camp & to each other is more than I could have ever hoped for in a years time. Comfort & belonging, that's what I wanted for the group. We have it.

It all grows from here forward, things like Jim's Wood Spirit become unique & truely appropriate features of our camp. it all grows from this point forward.

With much help from the fine members of the 24 hour campfire, we have succeeded with our initial goals. Our camp is like a seed that has sprouted to a healthy young plant, I hope it's like an oak tree with slow steadfast growth & perserverence, with a lifespan at least equal to to the healthiest of oaks.

I hope for it to be a place of learning, sharing, adventure, healing & growth for many generations after my time has passed.

All of you that frequent the deercamp thread share a bonding interest with me, an understanding of what is often the unspoken value of the deer camp. We rarely attempt to define the fruits of the deercamp experience in words, it's much easier for us to simply label it as "good".

It is good, it's really good. No better environment for a young person to discover & expand there own personality, there own personal values. It's a school of sorts, possibly a church of sorts, definately a vacation to free the mind of the daily burdens. And it's not only the young people that benifit & grow, the dad's, uncles, grandparents etc grow & flourish by learning to teach, lead, guide.

For those of us that have it, it's very important.

Deer camp is a crew cab pickup truck on an abandoned logging road, a tent in the snow, a camper, an old school bus, a shack... Deer camp is the members that find themselves belonging to a crew or group, it's a big deal, and I wish that belonging for everyone.

Enough, i can only get preachy every now & then in short bursts. then I have to try to turn the fun back on.

So, now I want to go out & buy a damn trail cam, put some new stands up, cut some firewood, clean some rifles, shoot some rifles & converse with my fellow deer slayers on the topic of taking deer by the barbaric means of gun powder, copper clad lead projectiles, string & bow, and what ever else is legal. Cause that's what we tell the women we are there for right? & when sept comes to a close, october creeps in... well the man rut sets in, and by Nov, we are all focussed on the prize that the camp is all about, the hunt.

The hunt, and those other little things we kind of like about deer camp....... smile

Thanks guys.

YOU, fuel me.

Dave

Something clever here.