Bill,

Do you ever fish the lakes that are right in Phillips? The ones you drive past on 13.

I have always wanted to, just never did it...yet.

We fish Butternut Lake a fair amount too, but always for Muskies. We have raised some beauties there, never got one though.

I was fishing a sand bar on Butternut one evening in July or August, and a lady was wading out on the bar. I was casting a Hawg Wobbler up onto that bar, as it was a dead calm evening. This lady was watching and talking to us from about a 100' or so. Pete, my FIL, says to me real quiet...."look, look", pointing to my Hawg Wobbler, there was a wake behind it.It got to the end of that sand bar and then all of a sudden WOOOSH, SPLASH, SLAP, a big ol girl took a swipe and missed. That lady yelled "OH MY GOD" so loud I think they heard her at the resort. she jumped into her little run a bout and went back to the resort. I can't remember laughing so hard in a boat before...

We went to the resort for a beer and pizza and she was in there telling everybody what happened. I had to buy her a beer to keep her from telling everyone WHERE it happened so we could hit it again the next morning.

Camp is where you make it.