Originally Posted by Berettaman

Sad to see the Super Duty go. How bad on gas was it? Wait a second, I thought it was a diesel....those usually arent hard on fuel. What gives? Coming from a Super Duty V-10 owner, I know the feeling. However, I dont put many miles on anymore while working from home.

It wasn't that bad, yes diesel. on my 50 mile round trip daily commutes which are broken up by about 10 stop sign intersections round trip I was getting about 16mpg on a tank. Diesel is a little more money per gallon though so I suppose it would be the eq of running 15 mpg gas.

It's just a lot of machine to navigate around like a car, it's usually just me in the cab. It's warmed up & ready to run all day down the hiway about the time I get to work in the mornings, then I shut it off & it sits in the parking lot waiting for it�s next warm up run. Just kind of silly I guess. The size is great for hauling hunters & fisherman, the family around. But I�m usually just driving myself around & rarely do I haul or tow anything.

Service/maint is expensive on those big trucks. Everything costs more because it's bigger & heavier duty.

15 qt oil changes & you have to use good quality oil for modern diesel engines, the filters aren't cheap either. Tires are e rated & large (expensive), everything just costs more to operate.

So, I'm scaling back to a half ton gasser crew cab but really on the hunt for the 6.5' bed. I think if I had all of that I�d be happy for a long time.

Something clever here.