Originally Posted by northern_dave
If Ole D says it's a good winter tire I tend to believe him.

Did I ever tell you about the time he pulled me out of the ditch in a blazzard with -60 wind chill conditions?

I was a teenager.

Even way back then Dusty couldn't just do somethin at a reasonable pace, even that night with mother nature trying to kill everything in the area with brief exposure to the elements... There was an opportunity to goof off, to bully a dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 with a snowplow blade out of a ditch and really make an ass of a guy.... Why would ya pass that up just because mother nature is trying to kill you? grin

It wasn't just in the ditch, I mean... it was burried. The only thing that kept that dodge from rolling over when i put it in the ditch was the wall of snow I was pushing with the entire passenger side of the truck. Both passenger side tires were busted off the beed, flat and ice cold froze.

I'll tell the story at camp if someone wants to know how it all went down, the short of it is... It was violent and an old yellow ford pickup drug that dodge around like a toy. It ended up being a lot of work, flat tires & such, miles out of town... I still owe Dusty for that night.

Dusty knows winter. That's for sure, and he knows what works in winter & what dont.

So I tend to trust his advice on snow tires. grin

And yes Jim I know you were just foolin, I just had a story to share that's all

smile

I want to hear the story, I'm sure we all do. That will be the new campfire story for the next trip to Chickenbuck.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.