Not so great with my 88.

guys, I am doing the long walk of shame today. I've been hunting deer as much as possible since i got out of the marines in 94 which means every year for as many days in a season as I can afford to go. I guess that's not a real long time... but up till this year, this week to be more specific, I've never lost a deer. now I've always hunted with a win M70 in some config, or muzzle loader... but I've got this nice post 64 win 88 in .308 that I felt I needed to hunt with this year.

I lost a buck on sunday morning, very comfortable confident shot, made no sense, still makes no sense. now last night I lost a doe. slightly quartering away shot @ around 80 yds. I just got done shooting the rifle at home & it was dead on left to right & 1.5" high @ 100 yds.

I don't know what's going on, don't know if it's the rediculously long trigger pull (super crappy trigger) or? I don't know but I think I have to bench the 88 & grab one of my M70's for the weekend.

I'm thinkin it's time to unsheathe the reaper.. touch of death that is... 26" barrel, floated & glass bed M70 in 300 wby, FFII 3.5-10 50mm on weaver grand slam rings... 3# crisp trigger....

yeah i know it's overkill on whitetail.... but I need to build some confidence & everything I've taken with that rig has died very quickly.

plus, I'm starting to feel a little mean.

Something clever here.