I'm keeping warm by the woodstove.

smile

Yesterday we used a 45 year old belleview winch mounted on a 36 year old truck to drag a 17 year old polaris snowmobile out of the bushes behind the shop. And I do mean drag, it came sideways for the entire 100 ft drag.

We then used the plow blade on ole yeller to push the snowmobile into the shop. (then we pushed snow for us and our neighbors)

Needed to thaw that old snowmobile out and get it running. 1996 polaris XLT special with xtra 12 suspension.

It needed a recoil rope and a voltage regulator along with regular seasonal service.

It needs a new recoil rope pretty much once a year, because that SOB has been punishing me for all the years I've owned it. That rope does NOT pull easy, but it does get pulled a LOT.

We got the old sled put together and Nate was out smashing snow drifts with it last night. We serviced the other sleds as well, greasing bearings, checking chain tension and fluid levels etc. Applying new trail stickers and all that. I finally got to take my new sled for a ride last night, I really like it.

Pam was busy cleaning the shop while we were fixing on sleds yesterday. I can actually walk around in the shop without tripping on stuff now.

It was -20 degrees here this morning, supposed to get even colder tonight.

I have 4 of the 5 snowmobiles up and running. Number 5 sled needs some drive parts, possibly an entire chain case assembly.

Something clever here.