I got back from trout/turkey camp yesterday. The three of us tagged out, 9" beard, jake, & another jake. Birds were goofy. Hens bunched up, Toms talking - but not committing, rain, wind, snow in the woods, just a weird season...like it's really the 2nd week in April instead of May. Trout didn't cooperate at all. Water was high, fast, and cold. Too early me thinks. All the cold temps, rain, and wind kept the bugs at bay. Made the 5 days of tenting a little sporty.

We ate well. Venison tenderloins grilled and deep fried nuggets, bluegill and perch, venison brats, duck breasts wrapped in bacon and grilled, goose with habenero pepper (I don't recommend this with outdoor plumbing - jess sayin'), backstrap grilled with plum jelly, homemade pickles, venison hash, and I'm sure I'm missing some. We also made sure the American Brewing industry was safe from economic collapse.

Found out when I got home that mom needs to go to Mayo's in Rochester pronto. Dad is too weak to drive, mom can't, other siblings are tied up, so I guess it's me leaving in the a.m. 12 hour hole shot. No idea for what duration. Barely have time to get clean underwear. Add that to the wife asking me to change brakes this evening and life's been a bit hectic. Friggin' snowglobe...

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin