Man,I don't check in for a day and you guys have added two pages.
Dave,as a forum owner myself I can assure you that Rick is overjoyed to see the hits this thread gets.If he ever decides that it is too big and wants to pull the plug we can move it with approval of my internet guru.
I'm feeling much better every day and I owe a lot of my recovery to the pleasure I get from reading here.
Tuesday,Wednesday and today I have walked a mile each day at the local park.Today is exactly four weeks from the operation.I feel really good.
You guys discussing .243's reminds me of my .243.In 1975 I was living in Atlanta and a very good friend wanted me to start deer hunting with him.I had never deer hunted.He offered to loan me a MOssberg .243 since I had no suitable deer rifle.On Nov.15,1975 I killed my first deer,a sixpointer, with that rifle.I was then hooked on deer hunting.Since I bought a Marlin 30-30 I gave Bill his rifle back.He moved to Denver two years later and then to Las Vegas where he lived for 20some years.I visited him several times in LasVegas.
Five years ago in failing health and having lost one leg to diabetes he moved back to his home state of Kentucky.I had the chance to go up to Kentucky and spend a week with him at that time.We had a great time talking about old times.I hated to leave when time came.
I spoke to him by phone several times after that.His health worsened and June 29 of last year my very good friend passed away one night.
Two weeks after his death his widow called and asked me how to ship a gun to me.Bill left me that .243 in his will after keeping it 32 years unfired since I killed a deer with it.I had her to ship it to my local gun dealer and now have it in my safe.
I took it out and shot it and it was still zeroed in.
So .243's have a spot in my heart.
One day I will find someone to pass it on to.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.