Originally Posted by Tom264
That's great Dave, what loads you settling on?

Any of mine help?

Yes Tom you were extremely helpful with your experience and advice.

You are the one that suggested the IMR 7828 which I later confirmed as a quite popular powder for the 264.

Your 65 gr load is suspect of being a bit warm for my rifle though.

The 60 gr loads were typical accuracy for what I would see in remington or winchester factory loads. 1.5" to 2" groups.

The 62.5" load shot nice. We shot a 3/4" group which was high so I dialed the scope to bring the point of impact down. I repeated and the 2nd group got a little bigger on me but still much improved over what I had seen with factory loads.

The 1st shot with a 65 gr load was difficult to extract with the bolt. The primer had a shiny spot on it as well, and some extraction drag marks above the belt on the case.

I had 5 of that load left to shoot, I decided to shoot them but I put a light film of oil on the cases. I know that's not advisable but I wanted to shoot them out. The other 5 extracted effortless with no signs of overpressure so that 1st load may have been a bit of a fluke. My most likely contributor to that shiny primer was that I was having a hard time seating the remington 9 1/2M primers deep enough. I suspect I was a bit proud of the base with that primer.

Even still I think I will load some up at 64 gr of powder this week and head to the range to re-zero the rifle. I suspect I may have to bring point of impact up close to an inch when I drop a grain.

The 65 grain load shot really well though, 3/4" group with that load as well.

My next opportunity off a bench I may try a 5 shot group.

The big thing is I have gained a lot of confidence in the rifle.

It had been a consistent 1.5" - 2" rifle with factory ammo. And I was frustrated with not being able to achieve MOA consistently.

Something clever here.